You probably need a lawyer if:
- You have been served with a complaint, unless the complaint was filed in small claims court.
- You have received a subpoena from the S.E.C.
- A person or company has acted unlawfully and caused you financial harm.
- A person has intentionally harmed you.
- You need a will, a living will, or a health care proxy.
- You are a party to a real estate transaction.
- You have been arrested.
You may need a lawyer if:
- You have been involved in a car accident.
- You are setting up a new company.
- You are trying to raise money for a new business venture.
- You have information about the potential violation of securities or tax laws.
- You have a question about compliance with antitrust law.
- You have a question about Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- You own shares of stock in a public company that has restated its financials or whose stock price falls precipitously after a financial disclosure.
- You have a legal question . . .
And the list goes on.
Deciding to contact a lawyer is the first step. Next you need to find the right lawyer for you and for your situation.
Felicello Law primarily handles general business litigation, JOBS Act counseling & compliance, S.E.C. defense/internal investigations, securities litigation, representation of S.E.C. whistleblowers, and legal malpractice claims. If you have a question about whether you need a lawyer or whether Felicello Law may be the right law firm for you, please give us a call (646-480-5722) or send us an email.